Hobos in Space

Two west side hobos talking in a vacuum, thinking they're funny.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Why no words

I, Tiresias, hate everyone.

I hope I don't have to talk to anyone today. No seriously. Even when I'm mumbling to myself and peeing all over the subway and splashing myself with some major skunky Colt 45 (they were out of the forty so I had to get the sixteen-ounce can, someone give me some money so I can treat myself to a Boone's farm, like, stat).

On this day of ill will, I will offer this one tidbit. Here are three, maybe four wonderful things to do this weekend:

1) Go to the New York Botanical Garden and see the Chihuly exhibit. Or wait until September 14 - October 26, where every Thursday evening you experience Chihuly Nights, when all the glass sculptures are backlit and you can enjoy them after a hard day of work, whether you actually have to work or you spend your time dealing with fractious artistes or real true awful ass-cheese-eaters. The Grand Finale is on Saturday, October 28. All from 4-9 p.m. And twenty-five bucks if you're a non-member.

2) Go to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and see the stinky corpse flower, or amorphophallic titanum, and this one in particular is called Baby. Oh wait. Never mind. I think it stopped blooming, if this photo are any indication. Oh, dear.

3) Get ready for the New York Korean Film Festival, from August 25 - September 3 by watching an assload of movies. Brush up on your Korean. Eat kimchi, but only if you're alone or if your friends will eat it too ... there's nothing like being the only one who ate kimchi. You smell like alienation.

4) Or go to Coney Island to the Brooklyn Open 2006 to see some pro beach volleyball. Twenty dollars, plus sunstroke and a couple hot dogs?

If I can just get through today without blowing up, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home