Hobos in Space

Two west side hobos talking in a vacuum, thinking they're funny.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Goodbye Gyno, Hello Winter

It is so, so, hard to say goodbye to "Tales from the Gyno" as a page-topper, but alas, December has rolled in. It's time to move along, and we have lots to say. Tiresias and I have been tres busy clicking our heels and dancing for joy in the streets, as the 70 degree temperatures of last week seem to have passed. Macy's (the shopping capital of Penn Station) is all aglow, holiday party plans are underway, and we've even started our shopping.

We were bitter, bitter critters last week (Thursday especially when the humidity index was through the roof and the temperature was huddling around 75. For the love of God, we cried, it's almost December (December eve to be exact). I, Cass, was beyond pissed. Not only was I struggling against those thieving bastards known collectively as a management company, but perhaps more tragically I could not select an outer garment that didn't make me sweat after walking four steps. And my hair looked like I could have headlined a Whitesnake video. Tiresias and her seeing eye dog were sweating their balls off during their morning jaunt through Central Park. And every place in the city felt like a dirty gym sock. We even resorted to taunting (an ethical step below soothsaying): "Bring on the negative wind chills fuckers! Serve us up some snow flurries! I want my feet to be numb!"

Needless to say, Tiresias and I enjoyed Monday's frigid wind. Yesterday, I, Cass, was thrilled to bust out my attempt at winter hosiery - fishnets. And today, we're bundled up in our winter finery, complete with scarf nooses, gloves, and down granny parkas. Winter rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home