Hobos in Space

Two west side hobos talking in a vacuum, thinking they're funny.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Caught Knitting in Conference Room by Hobos Upper-Level Staff. Twice

Really, wouldn't you, if you were caught once, just close up shop and get out of there?

Nope. I stayed. Moved my chair back so it was behind the door (you know, sneaky, but totally ineffective), put my feet up, and kept the needles going, my electric blue loom of disaster. And then he popped in again with an apologetic look and said it was for the last time. I shoved my knitting into the chair and bent over my notebook, which had a three-column list of all the movies I had seen in 2006. I was about to make a separate column for all the movies I saw on video, plus all the tv shows. The previous page in the notebook had nasty notes next to some quotes by co-workers I despise. I said, "I'm totally taking a break here." Then when he left, I finished my row and got the hell out.

I'm pretty sure he saw. But I had my manuscript with me ... and I WAS working! (When I wasn't updating my movie lists.) I just needed to take a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home